Speculations About next Concerts

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Speculations About Summer 2016 Concerts

Post by filiarheni »

Hi LordG, since their performing in Krakow and Schönstatt is official now, the topic has moved to http://forum.libera-dreams.com/viewtopi ... =36&t=2336

See you there! :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Speculations About early 2017 Concerts

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Hi,

I reactivate this topic because I'm looking forward to hear an official announce from our preferred choir.
So, what better than to speculate about possible concerts to come, to give ourselves the feelings of seeing concerts in the calendar :wink:

I dug into Libera's statistics about past performances.
Taking into account the first 6 months of a year, there are usually 4 slots where Libera may perform in concert.
Of course, at times it occurs that a concert is done outside of these slots, like Moscow in January 2015.

• 1) February midterm, one week of vacation
    This slot is rarely used.
    Last time was in February 2016 for two concerts in the Philippines, and possibly Japan 2006 for the promo-tour 'Ice Wall' with 7 boys only.

For this year 2017 I assume we can conclude that the slot is already dead, there is quite no hope for a concert.
    We are already today January 18th, and the vacation week goes from February 11 to 19.
    This lets only 3 weeks to announce a concert, sell tickets, etc.

Although we are accustomed to the late Libera announcements, it seems now to be really too late for this year.
  • 2) End of 2nd term, two weeks of vacations in April
    This slot has been used without any discontinuity since at least 10 years.
    Last times were S. Korea 2016 (4 concerts), USA 2015 (4 concerts), USA 2014 (2 concerts), etc, until Japan 2007 (4 concerts). A gap occurred in 2006, and my oldest known reference is S. Korea/Japan 2005 (5 concerts).
    Based on such a marked recurrence we can strongly expect to have an April tour 2017.

If a tour is actually organized, the possible dates are from April 1st to April 17th, which lets 72 days starting from today.
    I have to check deeper into Libera's stats to see the average delay in advance for the April tour, and see how this year positions regarding this.
    However, there is a particular case on this year 2017 which threatens a bit a tour in April (see below).
  • 3) UK spring concert
    Every year since 2007 there has been a spring concert in England.
    Most of the time it takes place in a Saturday of May, with sometimes a little variation.
    We can mention April 2016 in Romsey Abbey, May 2015 and 13 in Guildford, May 2014, 12, 10, 09 and 07 in Arundel for instance. At time this concert occurs in March (2011, 2005, 2002,...)
    Whether it's March, April or May (most likely), this is an almost mandatory rendezvous with the fans and the English public, we can rely strongly on it.
    Here again I should seek for the average delay of advanced announce for that concert.
  • 4) May/June midterm, one week of vacation
    This slot is rarely used.
    In fact, the only occurrence I found is the DVD recording in Leiden, Netherlands, ten years ago in 2007.
    For all the other years since, there was nothing between the UK spring concert and the Summer tour.

This year 2017 will most likely be different.
    There is already a very strong buzz in Japan for three concerts in late May and early June. Official announcements have been made by Kajimoto Music, a renowned tour operator and the prestigious Bunkamura concert hall in Tokyo, and tickets have been on sale for several days.
    The only thing that still misses here is the official announce of the tour by Libera.
    Hopefully they will not be too long.

The possible dates for that tour go from May 27 to June 4.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Speculations About next Concerts

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The doubt about an Easter tour in April this year comes from the fact that it is already almost certain that they will go to Japan just 6 weeks later.
In the other years there is no tour for about 16 weeks between the Easter tour and the Summer tour.
There is just the isolated concert in the UK in May.

So is Libera still going to make two long, tiring and expensive tours in April and then in May/June, despite the fact that the tours would be very close to each other ?
Hard to say... I hope they will :)

By the way, the usual UK Spring concert in May should occur just 2 or 3 weeks before the tour in Japan.
That concert can then be seen by Robert as a great occasion to validate in a live context the new songs, arrangements and soloists before performing in Japan in front of huge crowds of 2,000 people.

If I had to bet on the probabilities to have Libera in concert in the 6 months to come, I would say :
- February midterm tour : 01%
- April tour : 66%
- UK Spring concert : 95%
- May/June midterm tour : 99%

Do you share the same feeling ?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

If there is no tour in April this year, then what would they do during the two weeks of vacation ?

Well, a possibility would be that they profit of that free time to record some videos.
This is what they did during the holiday week without a concert in May and October 2014, then in October 2015.

I could not find the original message, but I'm not mistaking the very first tweets in Japanese in October or November about the 2017 tour in Japan mentioned that the tour was part of the launch of a new CD.

If this was to be confirmed, then this would mean new songs and therefore the need to have new videos of those songs.
The two weeks in April could be a good opportunity to shoot, whether it be music videos or TV recording for broadcasts on Japanese TV a few weeks later ...

Any other idea ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

As usual, FDL, your analysis is detailed and well thought out :D and thank you for providing it. I see no flaw in your logic but my personal guess is that the probability of an April tour is closer to 33% than 66% as evidenced by the murmurings of a Singapore concert which evaporated soon after they appeared.

I must have missed the talk of a CD release occurring concurrently with the Japan tour. That could very well be the timeline, but my guess is that a CD would be released sooner. The tweet by Libera about recording a new music and the subsequent discussion here at Libera Dreams, suggests to me a much earlier release time. The tweet took place in late October and there is no way that they were still recording the "Libera at Christmas EP" which they released only a few weeks later. So if they have been recording since October or earlier I doubt that they will wait for a May or June release date. At the very least I would suspect the release of the CD at minimum a month or two before the Japan tour to facilitate interest and excitement for the concert; realistically, by April.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote:Yes indeed, no definite dates or venues yet but this has been announced by both the Japanese Libera Affiliate Libera Records and by Kajimoto Music.

Speculations by Yuki at her Libera Japan Facebook page are that the dates will likely coincide with the half-term break in the UK school system May 27 through June 4.
Quoted from Thread "Japan Tour May 2017" and here is an automatic (!) translation of that Japanese announcement:

"Libera: News of the Japan tour in the year 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm really sorry to have let you wait!
The time has come to let them know.
They can not respond to a lot of questions.
It was a very difficult day!
The next show will be decided according to Japan in may 2017!
For more information, please see the Kajimoto on the FB.
Libera members are also up!
Before coming to Japan, also a new album will be released!
We are currently in development."

What mainly surprised me was the rumour about a Singapore tour. Where did it come from, what was the source?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I think FDL pretty much summed up the current concert ponderables very well for this year. It would be nice if a UK concert in May follows the yearly script.

The time around ‘March’ appears to be the favoured month for releasing non-Christmas albums. Peace & New Dawn were both released in March. It could point towards a 'spring-time' release for the rumoured upcoming CD.
filiarheni wrote:What mainly surprised me was the rumour about a Singapore tour. Where did it come from, what was the source?
Surpinto highlighted it here http://66.147.244.225/~thelibg8/liberad ... =36&t=2476

Yuki came across a link from ‘Licha Stelaus Events’ which mentioned two concerts on 10/11 April at Esplanade Theatre (where Libera previously performed in 2012). The link was quickly taken down and it was presumed these concerts had not yet been arranged or would not be going ahead..

I have found something which may or may not be relevant since then. Still looking for a backup source.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: "Libera: News of the Japan tour in the year 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm really sorry to have let you wait!
The time has come to let them know.
They can not respond to a lot of questions.
It was a very difficult day!
The next show will be decided according to Japan in may 2017!
For more information, please see the Kajimoto on the FB.
Libera members are also up!
Before coming to Japan, also a new album will be released!
We are currently in development."
Oh right. I forgot about that :lol:. I have been very busy lately and not remembering things. Thank you.
JimmyRiddle wrote: I have found something which may or may not be relevant since then. Still looking for a backup source.
What a tease! :lol: Care to share?
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Thank you, Jimmy. I can't open the Japanese facebook page right now - I have been wondering in other cases already, how she gets all her information.
Surpinto wrote:Oh right. I forgot about that :lol:. I have been very busy lately and not remembering things. Thank you.
We are all one team, aren't we? :D I'm glad to have an answer sometimes and not only ask questions. :mrgreen:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

For the album I would say the end of March as they tend to release around Mother's Day as a promotional tool to help sell albums.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Here is the list of UK releases:

Libera – October 1999

Luminosa – September 2001

Complete Libera - ??? 2003

Free – September 2004

Visions – October 2005

Angel Voices – October 2006

AV In concert – October 2007

New Dawn – March 2008

Eternal – December 2008

Peace – March 2010

Peace Luxury – November 2010

The Christmas Album – November 2011

Song of Life – October 2012

Angels Sing: Christmas in Ireland - November 2013

Angels Sing: Libera in America - March 2015
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

So, in the lead up to the last couple of CD's we had a bit of fun trying to guess the name of the new album. I'll get the ball rolling with some of the suggestion from last time, please feel free to add your own.

One word guesses: Harmony, Chant, Enchanted/Enchantment, Imagine, Sanctuary, Ascent, Inspire, Fantasy, Sacred, Pure, Together, Beyond, Ethereal, Serenade, Aria, Secret, Paradise, Anthem, Echoes, Dream/Dreams/Dreaming, Prayer, Lullabye, Sing, Gloria, Life, Joy, Faithful, Home, Angel/Angele, Sanctuary, Tranquillity, Elysium/Heaven, Serenity, Mysterium, Raven, Voice, Calling, Praise

Longer guesses: Into Paradise, River of Dreams, Never Alone, Fly Away, Spirit of Music/Spirit of Song, Coming Home, In Dreams, Always With You, Dreaming of Home, Amazing Grace, Always There, One Voice, Evening Falls, Angele Dei, Celestial Dreams, Safe Haven, Spirit of Song, Raven Calls, Total Praise
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yorkie wrote:So, in the lead up to the last couple of CD's we had a bit of fun trying to guess the name of the new album. I'll get the ball rolling with some of the suggestion from last time, please feel free to add your own.
I was close once before having predicted Pax for the Peace album.
Here are a few more Latin suggestions:
Veritas
Attende Domine
Laudete
Concordia
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'm voting for just "Angel" since that's the name of their most recent song that we know about.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote:I'm voting for just "Angel" since that's the name of their most recent song that we know about.
I doubt that they would title another album "Angel" especially after their Japanese release of an album by that name and the iTunes single with that title too.

I would be heavily betting on a new name as Yorkie and John45 have speculated. I am seriously hoping that this is a new fully fledged album (rather than an EP) with lots of new, never-before-recorded music. :D