Aled Jones CD

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Aled Jones CD

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Libera feature on two tracks from the third and final album of Aled Jones recent One Voice series.

Amazon
Facebook
Classic FM

They are;
8. All in the April Evening (featuring Libera) (3:37)
12. The Day Thou Gavest (featuring Libera) (3:41)

Steven G mentioned his involvement on twitter but I don't know if he meant 'him' personally singing or for 'Libera' being involved as a unit. Maybe both? Ian Tilley again produces the album. The previous two have been best sellers, most likely because of the unique way Aled uses his current adult voice to duet with his boy treble of the past.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Thanks for the Posts of this new release. Today I found the release by Aled Jones "Gaelic Blessing" with the St. Paul Cathedral Choir. Only 2:07 min., but it touched my soul. Do you know this Version? Wonderful!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:50 pm">6 years ago</span> Libera feature on two tracks from the third and final album of Aled Jones recent One Voice series.

Amazon
Facebook
Classic FM

They are;
8. All in the April Evening (featuring Libera) (3:37)
12. The Day Thou Gavest (featuring Libera) (3:41)

Steven G mentioned his involvement on twitter but I don't know if he meant 'him' personally singing or for 'Libera' being involved as a unit. Maybe both? Ian Tilley again produces the album. The previous two have been best sellers, most likely because of the unique way Aled uses his current adult voice to duet with his boy treble of the past.
Thank you. It seems unavailable for pre-order as a digital download in the US. I would only purchase the Libera tracks any way so I will have to wait until the release date.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

(I hope this is the right thread to post this, didn't find a better one.)

Sometimes it's fascinating how a circle can close. Before I met Libera's music, I had never had an interest in boys choirs / trebles, also the name of Aled Jones, who just must cross your way when you explore Libera, had been unknown to me. And as there were no trebles on my mind, I had always naturally thought it was a female voice singing Mike Oldfield's "Pictures in the Dark":

[BBvideo=560,315] [/BBvideo]

Then, when I dug out this song again two years ago, I suddenly discovered that I had started with trebles and exactly Aled Jones long before ... :shock: :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Video is unavailable in the US. No big deal, only annoying.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Yes, annoying. Please try this link instead:

"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:37 am">4 years ago</span> Yes, annoying. Please try this link instead:
Cool, thanks!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:34 pm">4 years ago</span> Video is unavailable in the US. No big deal, only annoying.
A VPN is your friend :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love