Aled Jones CD

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

kay
Silver Member

Aled Jones CD

Post by kay »

I picked up a copy of Aled's CD The Christmas Album inn a charity shop today. It's dated 2004. I'm sure a lot of you know about this but some of the boy's names are new to me. (ie: Nathaniel Webb amongst others) Robert and Ian worked on it and Fiona is listed as playing violin. Also I see what I think will be much older boys and men (providing I assume the deeper backings).
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
worshipper28
Silver Member

Re: Aled Jones CD

Post by worshipper28 »

kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

thanks for those two now I know. I have seen the Aled 'Life' before but didnt know who the boy was.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Aled Jones begins his presenting job on ITV's 'Daybreak' tomorrow morning, alongside Lorraine Kelly. It's a breakfast program for those outside the UK which in the past as struggled to pull in the viewers from BBC breakfast. The chiefs in charge will be hoping that the pairing of Aled & Lorraine will boost ratings.

Anyway it might mean nothing, but it's always good for Libera to have Aled involved in a major network program. If Libera need to do some promoting .... ;)

Wish Aled Jones all the best for tomorrow - I don't allow myself enough time to watch breakfast programming before leaving for work, but I will flick on the channel to add one more for the viewing stats.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Who outside the UK gets ITV?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Aled Jones will be leaving his Radio 2 Good Morning Sunday program next year. Clare Balding is good for anchoring sporting events but I doubt she will play Libera's music like Aled did. I don't think Robert Prizeman will be sending her any emails about Libera to read out either.

Aled will also be leaving Songs of Praise, although it does mention that the BBC "will be working with him again on a new musical series in 2013.”
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

http://www.classicfm.com/music-news/lat ... lassic-fm/

Good news, as expected since he was replaced on GMS Radio 2 not one Libera track as been played, so hopefully Aled will select a few songs of Libera to play on his new show at Classic FM over coming months.

...indeed in the 12 things you never knew about Aled Jones section - Picture 2 shows Libera singing behind Aled during their Vespera performance at Classical Brit Awards.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

In response to Aled Jones touring Australia, ABC Classic FM have replayed an interview they did back in 2003. Aled selects what for many is our favourite version of Libera's 'Sanctus' and reveals where it was recorded... 20m mark..

http://www.abc.net.au/cgi-bin/common/pl ... 2%2009&p=1
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I can't get it to work I'm afraid :(
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote:I can't get it to work I'm afraid :(
Download real player and use chrome; a pretty versatile setup for things like that.

And here's the discovery Jimmy Riddle is talking about; very interesting, and surprising. Only click if you can't or won't listen to the audio recording :)
► Show Spoiler
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Maybe they are used of it.
Remember the photos they published about the recording of the Christmas album :)
► Show Spoiler
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Maybe they are used of it.
Remember the photos they published about the recording of the Christmas album :)
► Show Spoiler
I have never seen that photo before! I wasn't an active fan online when they put out that album. I always thought they recorded in the basement of their church or something. Never gave it too much thought. Do they record everything in that same place?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Surpinto wrote:I have never seen that photo before! I wasn't an active fan online when they put out that album. I always thought they recorded in the basement of their church or something. Never gave it too much thought. Do they record everything in that same place?
I think when they need to come together with many forces, e.g. live studio orchestra, other singers/musicians etc.. they are invited to places such as Abbey Road Studios. When they are recording their own material and have more freedom and creativity then they probably utilise their own studios such as Robert Prizeman's own studio, and then there was this one shown on the SoP special.

Maybe one is for experimenting with different musical sounds/instruments/voices, and the other is setup purely for recording the boys voices.

Also...

Aled Jones is releasing another album this Christmas called One Voice At Christmas where he duets with his younger self. It follows on from the very successful 'One Voice' earlier this year which reached the top 5 in the overall music charts!

He has Libera accompanying him on 3 tracks. Two of them (O Holy Night, Away in a Manger) may well be from his 2004 Christmas Album, but I can't find a previous recording of the 3rd offering 'Jesus Christ the Apple Tree'

Classic FM have a 30 second preview of this one feat Libera
https://soundcloud.com/classic_fm/jesus ... ree-30secs

The only previous time I can find he's recorded this, is with the 'BBC Welsh Chorus' in 1985.

So this could be a new collaboration between Aled and Libera.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Aled Jones is releasing another album this Christmas called One Voice At Christmas where he duets with his younger self. It follows on from the very successful 'One Voice' earlier this year which reached the top 5 in the overall music charts!

He has Libera accompanying him on 3 tracks. Two of them (O Holy Night, Away in a Manger) may well be from his 2004 Christmas Album, but I can't find a previous recording of the 3rd offering 'Jesus Christ the Apple Tree'

Classic FM have a 30 second preview of this one feat Libera
https://soundcloud.com/classic_fm/jesus ... ree-30secs

The only previous time I can find he's recorded this, is with the 'BBC Welsh Chorus' in 1985.

So this could be a new collaboration between Aled and Libera.
Interesting Jimmy and that is a Carol I like. As Apple Tree must be a new recording I would bet that the other two are as well.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:Interesting Jimmy and that is a Carol I like. As Apple Tree must be a new recording I would bet that the other two are as well.
Possibly, but we have those performed uniquely by Libera on the 2013 release, so I'll probably just buy 'Apple Tree' as a single download. I like this carol too.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez