Important: Information from Steven Philipp (Libera Chairman)

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

DeProfundis130

Re: Important: Information from Steven Philipp (Libera Chair

Post by DeProfundis130 »

Good, Good Sunday Morning
Libera Enthusiasts;

I am enthralled w/this discourse, I hunger for more.

For 2 weeks now I've been without printing ability. Otherwise I'd have sheaves of material to pore over!

What I most appreciate is the "Ministry Mindset" and emphasis. Shush, China might here us. I fear it may not yet be the time for the wonderful people of that great giant of a Country to finally acknowledge a Faith not of Man's own Making, or to suit Man's own Needs of the moment or Time's.

Libera, is most Truly a Ministry, We just can't let the world know that!!!! Sort of along the lines of Mark Prouse's comments in the Songs Of Praise half Hour Special that Aled did. Let the World Love These Angels first and then on folks own w/Light from Above Discover the incredibly Mysterious Bond, totally and Eternally beyond comprehension, Between Truth And Beauty!

Gerald.
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

phlibera wrote:Also, let's not forget that this was a last minute change of plans. Remember in the original AV message, it was mentioned that they were supposed to go to China.
I'd like to clarify this, if I might. I asked about this in Houston, and the China trip was supposed to be in the Spring of 2010 but got cancelled. It was not for this summer. Not sure how Craig heard "this summer."

Edit: It was how the Philippines got added at the last minute.
Last edited by Lauren on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

China might happen someday. Cruising the 'net it seems that they've developed the same liking for western youth choral music that the Japanese and Koreans have. It masy just be a matter of time and the coming together of the right interests.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Lauren wrote:I'd like to clarify this, if I might. I asked about this in Houston, and the China trip was supposed to be in the Spring of 2010 but got cancelled. It was not for this summer. Not sure how Craig heard "this summer."

Edit: It was how the Philippines got added at the last minute.
So I have China to thank for last summer's visit? Thank you, China! :)
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Moved to 'Chat' :arrow:
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

Very enlightening. We do keep them all in our prayers.
It's a shame that some fans do not realise what is needed to keep Libera tours (and Libera itself) going. I try to challenge myself (even though I'm just 14-- haha!) to be a different kind of fan--- to try to care about the hard things instead of just being obssessive. It's definitly an important principal-- that a good fan thinks about what is needed in Libera instead of just about themselves.
THANK YOU for posting this! :D
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Liv Castor wrote:Very enlightening. We do keep them all in our prayers.
It's a shame that some fans do not realise what is needed to keep Libera tours (and Libera itself) going. I try to challenge myself (even though I'm just 14-- haha!) to be a different kind of fan--- to try to care about the hard things instead of just being obssessive. It's definitly an important principal-- that a good fan thinks about what is needed in Libera instead of just about themselves.
THANK YOU for posting this! :D
I am sure a lot of fans know that Libera to a certain extent survive on donations but not everybody has the money to donate or wants to donate to them.

Some fans also support them by doing concerts and buying cd's and wont donate. Everybody helps out in different ways i am sure.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Maybe I could table a motion to the right honourable constituents of libera dreams and put forward a proposal to grant this thread the status of 'sticky' or move it into the announcements section of the libera dreams hierarchy, upon were it will remain visible to all.

This is not one of those threads were if somebody new joins the forum, they would know to search for and it would easily be forgotten if it lies on page 20 of the Chat thread. Yet in many ways this is as close as we are going to get to a direct Q&A's with 'official' libera staff and does help clarify many of our speculative discussions in recent years.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
sf@gnum

Post by sf@gnum »

Thank you very much for the article! Image
I translated it as he could, Image into Russian and published on our website, and the Russian-speaking social network, where there is a big fan group.
Big hello all local, from the Russian fans! Image
Unfortunately in our country (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus), they will never come, it's very sad ... Image
So rejoice, people of the United Kingdom, and the entire European Union, you get to their concerts much easier. However, we are only too happy for you Image
Salut!
Libera forever!!

Image Image
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

sf@gnum wrote:Thank you very much for the article! Image
I translated it as he could, Image into Russian and published on our website, and the Russian-speaking social network, where there is a big fan group.
Big hello all local, from the Russian fans! Image
Unfortunately in our country (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus), they will never come, it's very sad ... Image
So rejoice, people of the United Kingdom, and the entire European Union, you get to their concerts much easier. However, we are only too happy for you Image
Salut!
Libera forever!!

Image Image
Its good that the word is spreading to all corners of the globe, welcome aboard
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
skittles

Post by skittles »

Didn't really know where to put this, but does anyone know how to actually get Libera to come to a country for a concert? Do you front the plane tickets, hotels etc? Do you get paid back in the end/make money?
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Hi skittles,

I'm sure you can e-mail Libera staff if you have any questions about this. Are you planning anything? :mrgreen:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

maartendas wrote:Hi skittles,

I'm sure you can e-mail Libera staff if you have any questions about this. Are you planning anything? :mrgreen:
Will you be bringing them back this April, Skittles? After Japan? :D
skittles

Post by skittles »

Haha, I'm sure Mr. De Ocampo will be doing his best anyway, but my friend's mom owns a promotion company that brings other artists and she's thinking about it. Just a liiiiiiitle hesitant to actually email them, but wouldn't it be cool if they came back straightaway?
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

skittles wrote:Haha, I'm sure Mr. De Ocampo will be doing his best anyway, but my friend's mom owns a promotion company that brings other artists and she's thinking about it. Just a liiiiiiitle hesitant to actually email them, but wouldn't it be cool if they came back straightaway?
Not if they skipped the US :lol: