2018 Tour Speculations

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: 2018 Tour Speculations

Post by dani »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:22 pm">6 years ago</span> What do y'all think of the possibility that Libera would do a U.S. tour two years in a row?
I would say that if they can get the funding then they will go back. The U.S side seem to be quite active on social media so it seems like that’s the aim.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

TimS_TheToolman wrote:What do y'all think of the possibility that Libera would do a U.S. tour two years in a row?
It his highly possible as it already occurred, and more than once :)

2007 - December (Kennedy Center Honors)
2008 - Spring tour
2009 - Spring tour
2010 - Summer tour
2011 - Summer tour
Break
2014 - Spring tour
2014 - Summer Concert
2015 - Spring tour
Break
2017 - Summer tour

In fact, they tour the USA years in rows more often than not touring :wink:
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Whoa, I didn't realize they had been here several years in a row. I was aware of the 2014 and 2015 tours but not the earlier tours. Well then, I think there is a good possibility to bring them back again this year. Need to work on the funding at Libera.org.
john45 wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:55 pm">6 years ago</span> Dig deep.
I'm getting the shovel out. :D
ste1701fan

Concerts 2018

Post by ste1701fan »

It's rather quiet around Libera. Is 2018 going to be a low-activity Libera year or are we in for some short term surprises?
When was the Xmas Concert announced last year? Been tryting to figure out if it might be Friday November 30th.

Well Easter is nearly over, so the question is if in 3rd term break in May there might be some Libera activity (other then Ely) or the latest in the summer. What do you think? Any rumors or specific information available in the community?

Greets
Stefan
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Concerts 2018

Post by fan_de_LoK »

So far 2018 starts as started 2017:
- with no Easter tour in April,
- and 1st concert of the year being in Ely in May.

Year 2017 had quite a lot of concerts, not less than 15 if I'm correct :)
- 1 in May in Ely
- 3 in June in Japan
- 5 in Summer in the US
- 5 in October in China
- 1 in December in London

To know when was announced a specific concert, an easy way is simply to look on our forum.
In the "Concerts and public appearances" section, search for the topic that talks about that concert.
The date of the 1st message of the topic is likely the day of the announce.

So, St George 2017 was announced on 26 Jun 2017.
There is still time for the announce of St George 2018 ;)

A bit more worrisome : the June tour 2017 in Japan was announced in November 2016 and detailed in December 2016, meaning more than 6 months ahead.
It remains now just 2 months before an hypothetical June tour 2018. A trip to Asia is now unlikely coz venues there require a long time ahead booking. We will see, but perhaps there will be no concert between Ely and the Summer tour....
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Do we not have to remember that it all has to be paid for and last year was given the amount of tours and long distance tours at that, they may need to recover the finances. last time I looked Ely was not sold out by any means not the easiest place to get to for many and given the switching of venues for the Christmas concert may well have reduced income.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Sjh wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:26 pm">6 years ago</span> Do we not have to remember that it all has to be paid for and last year was given the amount of tours and long distance tours at that, they may need to recover the finances. last time I looked Ely was not sold out by any means not the easiest place to get to for many and given the switching of venues for the Christmas concert may well have reduced income.
From the little snippets I've picked up here and there, they rarely make much money from their concerts and certainly nothing close to financing a tour to another country. They have to pay for the venue (and that can be many thousands of pounds), the musicians, the stage, lights, sound equipment (all hired in and costing thousands), vehicles to transport staff and equipment, coach travel and food for the boys and so on. If they sell 600 tickets at and average price of £25 (they have senior concessions and most of the audience are, well, old) you are talking of £15,000 in receipts. They do two UK shows a year so even if they were lucky to clear £5,000 profit (for example) that isn't going to finance 40 people to the USA for three weeks.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Their tour schedule, as fan_de_LoK pointed out, was extremely packed last year and so they may have opted to do less touring in favor of just getting themselves more prepared and rehearsed as a group. Of course, with all of this free time, it may just be that they are doing some recording or rehearsing of new music. One can always hope!
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:58 am">6 years ago</span>
Sjh wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:26 pm">6 years ago</span> Do we not have to remember that it all has to be paid for and last year was given the amount of tours and long distance tours at that, they may need to recover the finances. last time I looked Ely was not sold out by any means not the easiest place to get to for many and given the switching of venues for the Christmas concert may well have reduced income.
From the little snippets I've picked up here and there, they rarely make much money from their concerts and certainly nothing close to financing a tour to another country. They have to pay for the venue (and that can be many thousands of pounds), the musicians, the stage, lights, sound equipment (all hired in and costing thousands), vehicles to transport staff and equipment, coach travel and food for the boys and so on. If they sell 600 tickets at and average price of £25 (they have senior concessions and most of the audience are, well, old) you are talking of £15,000 in receipts. They do two UK shows a year so even if they were lucky to clear £5,000 profit (for example) that isn't going to finance 40 people to the USA for three weeks.

most of the audience are, well, old :D :lol:

Please still have 4 years to go till they chuck me out the door for the last time, hoping then to be able to perhaps do one of the far east tours when hopefully will have the time and income to do so.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Clearly they rely upon sponsors, so the question is who will be sponsoring this year?
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:58 am">6 years ago</span> They do two UK shows a year so even if they were lucky to clear £5,000 profit (for example) that isn't going to finance 40 people to the USA for three weeks.
From I what I have been told, by a reliable source, the 2017 USA tour was completely paid for and finished with money in the bank. If fund raising goes as well this year as it did last, then I think we can look forward to seeing Libera here this summer. :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

If the plan is to go to the U.S then it would be nice if they could announce it sooner rather than later. I would love to go to a U.S concert but they always announce these thing so Late that air fare and hotels prices have rocketed.